What to do when you’re sick?
Well, I was sick very recently and I have several suggestions for what to do should you become sick yourself! Now, obviously there are different remedies depending on what ails you, so these suggestions are pretty vague and hopefully mostly universal. Keep in mind I’m not a medical doctor and therefore don’t really know what I’m talking about, but I figure most of these things should be decent.
Top 10 things to do when you’re sick:
- Become friends with nice people because they will bring you good things like congee and Benylin.
- Sleep a lot. Go to bed early and sleep in ’til late.
- Attempt to gym, get really tired, and end up falling asleep on the hamstring curl machine. Hamstring curl machine may be substituted for lat pull down machine if it’s not leg day.
- Wake up for dragon boat practice, decide you are not well enough to go, then go back to sleep. The waking up part is necessary because it shows that you tried.
- Drink lots of fluids (e.g. orange juice, water, congee). See point #1.
- Check to see if you’ve lost weight and if so, do pullups. It’ll help your morale because they’ll be easier since you’ll be lighter.
- Put on a lot of warm clothes when you get really cold, and then take them off when you get really hot. Repeat as necessary.
- Download fun games that you can play on your phone that require very little brainpower so you can play them while lying down (e.g. Candy Crush).
- Play aforementioned fun games until you feel sleepy and then go to sleep. See point #2.
- Take hot showers and/or baths because they feel good. They will feel particularly good if you are in the “really cold” phase of your illness. Baths are preferable but you can take a shower if you’re like me and don’t have a drain plug because it got thrown out due to being very gross and moldy.